Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Talk about a smartphone!

I learned a new word tonight!

My cell phone has the feature to fill in the rest of the word once it thinks it knows what you're trying to say. So I'm trying to type in "Neon." I get to the N-e-o, and the phone fills in "neologism"

What on earth????!?!?!?

ne ol o gism–noun
1. a new word, meaning, usage, or phrase.
2. the introduction or use of new words or new senses of existing words.
3. a new doctrine, esp. a new interpretation of sacred writings.
4. Psychiatry. a new word, often consisting of a combination of other words, that is understood only by the speaker: occurring most often in the speech of schizophrenics.

Thank you, Motorola!

4 comments:

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

And thank you!

I will try and use this in conversation at some point today.

Flash said...

Sometimes, you learn something new totally by accident, and you feel awesome. That word couldn't be a more perfect...um...learning.

Thats why I have word of the day toilet paper...

Scott said...

They should call that phone the Wordsmith.

Flash said...

UPDATE!!! We demand an update! We miss you...come back to us!