Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Or...maybe not

Okay, maybe you don't miss me. Who knows. Anyway, a friend of mine said something today that made quite an impression..

We live each other's lives pretty easily.

Hard to explain why this hit me like it did - except that we are two very similar people. In fact, our personalities may as well have been cut from the same cloth, our situations only differ by one choice, one that was made for me. We both see things from the outside that need changing in the other's life, and both can't seem to take the steps to start the changes in our own.

We live each other's lives pretty easily...

What's left unsaid, is how we live our own. Makes me wonder.

4 comments:

Tony Gasbarro said...

We live each other's lives pretty easily because we see only who they are and what they do. We are not privy to their thoughts and feelings and preferences and misgivings and superstitions and self-defeating thoughts as we are to our own, so it's easy to lecture them on their lives.

It's those thoughts, feeling, misgivings, etc., that keep us from seeing the answers so readily for ourselves as we see them for others

Tony Gasbarro said...

And I did miss you.... :-)

Flash said...

Welcome back. You were missed by the Flash!

I think Farrago said it best, about not being able to have access to their thoughts and feelings. Plus, we always want what others have. So we tend to do what others do, in hope it creates the same feeling for us.

I say be yourself and everything will be fine.

ProducerClaire said...

Thanks for noticing, guys!

I'm being myself, I simply find it interesting that the selves, from the outside, appear so remarkably interchangeable.