Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Stage or Screen?

Okay, okay... I've been gone for a while. I've been writing, they've just been long and involved emails to my friend's new girlfriend talking about the meaning of life and the timing of love and all the deep, thought provoking things I used to write here, but I've been too tired to copy over for your reading interest.

Anyway, Farrago has been badgering me to return to the pixel pages that are my blog... and I was strting to formulate a good return post. Had it all in my head, then went to read his tag.... and it's a meme. No worries. I'll just have to let the other idea stew a while longer....

Popcorn? or Candy?

Popcorn, hands down! There's NOTHING like that movie theater popcorn all sogged down in ooey-gooey butter... mmmmm. And then finding that one kernel so damp it's dripping and the butter has soaked all the way through.... Oh, sorry... are you still reading? Back to business.

Name a movie you've been meaning to see forever.

Um, just about anything that the rest of the world has already seen... I'm not a big movie person, so I'm always WAAAAAY behind. But I guess I'd have to say... The Graduate?


Steal one costume from a movie for your wardrobe.

Oooo... so many choices, so little time to wear them all... I tend to go for mvies that really don't have iconic costumes, and those that do I'd not want to add to my wardrobe. So I'll have to say anything worn by Juliette Moore in The End of the Affair. I do so love period pieces, the 40s attire accentuates my waist, and hats are my forte.

Your favorite film franchise is…

Star Wars, hands down. Unless you can count John Hughes' 80s movies or John Cusack's 80s movies.

Invite 5 movie characters over for dinner. Who are they and why did you invite them?

This question really makes me wish I watched more movies....

Rob Gordon from High Fidelity. I'd love to quiz him and listen to his music tracklists for any occasion over the evening.
Inara from Serenity. Okay, this one is cheating - I'm actually basing the question on her character in Firefly, but she's in a movie playing the same character, so all is good.
Princess Buttercup from The Princess Bride . 20 years have passed since her true love came to town. How'd she fare?
Christian from Moulin Rouge - to learn how to live without the love that slipped through your fingers.
And the last comes in a pair - Jesse and Celine from Before Sunrise because I think I could learn so much from their story.

Wow - too much talking and not enough action. Oh well.


What is the appropriate punishment for people who answer cell phones in the movie theater?

Stealing their popcorn and drink while they're gone (or turning them over to their movie companion, should they have one) and forcing them to mortgage their home and sign away their first-born to pay for a second set of movie concessions at those over-inflated prices.

Choose a female bodyguard:

Um...Angelina Jolie! Really! Is there a doubt?

What's the scariest thing you've seen in a movie?

The logic that shows most large corporations fit the WHO criteria for a psychopath. Yeah, sad that a documentary fits here, but I don't watch scary movies.

Your favorite genre (excluding “comedy” and “drama” ):
Historical fiction

You are given the power to greenlight movies at a major studio for one year.
I would find three big blockbusters and make them - one to release at the start of summer, one at July 4th and one at Christmas. Those would finance everything else I did for a year. Then I'd go find all the Oscar contenders that no one wanted, the movies that tell a story and that could make a difference. The art film, the period pieces, the biographies and the quirky comedies that people don't know they want to see because they never get made.

Bonnie or Clyde?
Thelma and Louise!

2 comments:

kenju said...

Welcome back, Claire. Very interesting answers. I see so few movies anymore that I can't relate. We did belong to Blockb*ster Online, but we quit when they raised the prices.

Sleepypete said...

Gotta be popcorn :-) And I so definitely agree with the punishment for people who answer cellphones in movies :-)

(Here via Kenju's)