Wednesday, October 10, 2007

In Case of Emergency Remix

Evidently being single and alone in my workplace is not an option.

Those forms I had to fill out were returned to me this week, with a little post-it note that said "Please fill in"

With what? Or more to the point, with whom?

Is it no longer socially acceptable to be a single female in this workplace? What are you supposed to do if you just don't have anyone you're that close to? I'm sorry, but the people closest to me are the people farthest from me... or they're so absent minded they wouldn't remember where I live or anything else about me. Good hearted souls, but the mind... not all there.

So I scrolled through my inbox and picked one. She's a newcomer, but I know she would at least know who to ask to get the info she would need. And she's on better terms than I am right now.

Once again, I beat the system

3 comments:

kenju said...

Good for you!

Tabor said...

Sometimes you don't want to list the people that you are closest to because they would just screw and emergency up even more!

Chris Benjamin said...

nice work. me, i'm the system's bitch.