Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Day of Randomness Inside My Head

I've spent far too much time inside my own head lately, and I'm not expecting miracles in terms of getting pulled out of it. So instead I thought I'd offer up a few of the random snippets that cross my mind over the course of a day that break up the monotony. Carried a pen and paper today and jotted down a few:

When I talk to my cat, I call her "Kit-ums" sometime. Not that that is anywhere close to her name. Where the heck does that come from?

What does it say when pet-names for pets are weirder than pet names for people?

It bothers me that there's a digital clock in the new sign for the cemetery down the street. There should be no concept of time in a cemetery, and if there is a clock, go old-school analog.

Double-click. It's a simple concept. Think you can try it?

Hmmm... how much more advanced would civilization be if people actually read an entire 2 paragraph email before firing off knee-jerk questions that are answered in the second paragraph?

And how smart-alecky would I sound if I pointed that out?

And those were just before 10 a-m. I'll snark a little more later...

3 comments:

Tony Gasbarro said...

Yay! You're posting again!

Way to go, Claire-ums!

;)

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

It's fine to use the -ums suffix so long as you don't do it at the drive-thru.

Chris Benjamin said...

my cats are Boshinator and Moonman. I think those are wicked cool names. But I may now start calling them both 'kittums'.