Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Customer Appreciation Week

Reading the paper, I saw an ad in the sports section for an adult establishment that's celebrating Customer Appreciation Week. Long and short of it, each day a different subset of people get a discount on lingerie and other accoutrements. One day was Military Day, one was Student Discounts, one was for educators, et cetera.

I pass the place on my way home from work, and I'd be lying to say I wasn't curious, so I checked out the parking lot as I drove by. Military day was kinda sparse, as was teacher appreciation day. Student day wasn't too bad, but there's another one close to the local college, so that didn't surprise me either.

What *did* interest me was how many cars were outside on Senior Citizen Day. The parking lot is rather small, but it was full, and I even saw a couple who appeared to be in their 60s or so coming out with a bag in hand.

Hope I'm still that vibrant and alive when I'm 40, much less 60.

No comments: