Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Tuesday, Tuesday, Tuesday

It's that time of year again..when the music industry, like Hollywood, is releasing about half of its new offerings for the year. The other half, of course, coming out in time for Christmas.

It's totally a marketing ploy. The music industry hoping of course that people heading out on vacation will decide they need new music for that roadtrip to the beach, or they'll pick up a copy of the thumpin' bass club hit that invariably sounded better the night before when that cute guy/girl was grinding with them after a six-pack (and I don't mean his abs).

Even so, I still find myself exploring the shelves, physically or virtually, every week just to see what's new. Call me an addict...call me what you will. I still stick to the rather traditional means of listening to music - CDs and mixes - but there's still a rush of seeing the new stuff hit the stores, knowing what we'll have forced down our throats for the next few months.

This blog entry brought to you by the letters X and Y and the number 3.

No comments: