Saturday, July 16, 2005

I (heart) Target

I still can't believe it. Target, that wonderful combination of affordability and quality...that bastion of homemaking with flair and financial savvy...has outdone themselves.

I bought wine at Target.

For those of you in larger areas, that may be a no-brainer, but for me, that is simply a wonderful thing. An entire aisle of appellations...from Beaujolais to Chardonnay. Bottle after bottle of grape goodness, where Little Penguin canoodles corks with that contradiction of colors, Red Bicyclette, and so forth.

I left with an item called a wine cube: two bottles of a syrah blend, for the price I'd usually pay for ONE bottle at Total Wine. The quality remains to be seen, but then again, doesn't it always?

Now, if only I could get some Two Buck Chuck around here, I'd be ecstatic! (Hint, hint, TraderJoe's!)

No comments: