Monday, July 25, 2005

Physiological corollary? Or bad timing?

Note to self - have more fun!

It's been a few weeks since our Sunday crowd has been out for libations, and I can tell. After two beers tonight, I'm feeling happily buzzed. Not so much that my motor skills are overly impaired (I'm fully aware that ANY alcohol slows you down) but enough that a third would have put me over the edge. It's an interesting place to be, and a place I need to return from before I go to sleep.

That leaves me three options: DAB (Dial While Buzzed), EWB (email while buzzed) or BIB (blog while buzzed). I think I'll take (3), since it is the most retractable of the options.

It's been a while since I've felt this detached off just two beers. So why is it that when I *want* a few beers to help me get away, that never happens, but when I'm figuring, "Two beers, big dinner....no worries" it hits me like a half ton of bricks (I reserve the TON of bricks metaphor for a later date). Thursday night, I had hard liquor with dinner - one martini, because it sounded yummy. I didn't want to want to crawl away and hide until I got to the club. So I started drinking the Yuengling. But one strong drink and two beers later...nothing. Friday night - three Coronas and two tacos...nothing. Tonight..two Amber Bocks...and boom - tingly lips and detached emotions. When I least expect? When I least need? When I least want? Who knows what the correlation is there. I just know it's craziness. Sheer craziness.

There's a lot more I could say right now...about the weird dreams I've had or what I want to go do right now. Instead, I'm going to go get a glass of water and some carbs and head to bed. G'night all.

2 comments:

River said...

Did you give blood during the day ? That can make you more susceptable to beer ;) BTW, I've made Yuengling beer kegs before .

ProducerClaire said...

Nope - I think it was just a ko-ink-ee-dink. Just wish I could pin it down a little better so I could prevent it from happening when it matters.