Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Musical Poetry


I turned on my computer tonight and clicked play....and "Sail" came on. I love that song, especially the lyrics. They're so plaintive - honest and well-spoken without obscure reference or puffery. That's when a thought occurred to me. I wonder how it would read if I posted the first two lines from the next 10 songs to play on random shuffle. So here goes nothing....

It's just...some of the things you said
Keep going round inside my head
I looked into your eyes
They told me plenty I already knew
Tonight, the moon's playing tricks again
I'm feeling sea sick again
I'd like to see you out one night
Dressed up like a rock and roll star
If the sun refused to shine
I don't mind. I don't mind.
I woke up this morning
with this feeling inside me that I can't explain
I walk a lonely road
The only one that I have ever known
You're with her, not with me
I hope she's sweet, so pretty
It's never easy and you'll never know
What leaves you cryin and what makes you whole
Honey you are a rock upon which I stand.
I come here to talk - I hope you understand


Not too bad....admittedly, I went through 20 songs to get this...between skipping over the instrumentals and deciding once I saw the list that there would only be one per artist (for some reason, half of one Sarah album came up in the top of my list!)

No comments: