Sunday, May 14, 2006

Ping me

A nifty little exercise that I found on Wordnerd's blog invites folks to take an assigned letter and list ten things about themselves that begin with that letter and why they are significant. She assigned me the letter "P"...so here goes, in no particular order, thought pattern, or importance:

Packed: The best word to describe my schedule of late!

Prioritize: Something I have to do to get through the day...and let me say, I lament the things that fall to the bottom of the list!

Pet Lover: Okay, it's two words, but the first starts with a P! I'm a fan of nearly anything with four legs and fur, and right now my life is all the emptier without an animal in it at all.

Pierced: No, this isn't as exotic as it sounds. The only additional holes in my body are in my ears, but I'm an avid earring collector! I *love* earrings, and they don't have to be expensive or flashy, just unique. I even have my "International collection" - it includes earrings from Japan, China, England, France, Mexico, Canada, and (my favorites) Namibia!

Piqued: As in, my curiousity. It doesn't take much for me to become intrigued and want to dig up more on some tidbit I hear or read.

Press: I'm both an avid consumer and creator of media!

Picky: I prefer discriminating, but I didn't get "D". I know what I want and I go after it, and when I don't know what I want, at least I know what I don't want and won't accept that either. But at least I know it and try not to be a pain about it.

Perfectionist: I am my own worst critic. 'Nuff said.

Papasan: My favorite place to curl up with a book or some crocheting on a rainy day like this...

and

Photographer: I'm far from professional, but I love to click away with my little Olympus digital. I've even framed a few and hung them on my walls...not bad for a picky perfectionist, eh? I've had a camera ever since I can remember, and when I was a kid, I truly think two of my parents' largest expenses on me (aside from the standards) were books and developing film!

So there ya go - ten "P" words that give you a slice of who I am.

Edited to add: "P" is also for Playoffs. We survive to play another day. Well fought, Flash. I do tip my hat to you for a helluva series!

11 comments:

Scott said...

You forgot prounounced, plausible, practical, physical, puissant, potent, powerful and persuasive. How parsimonious.

Yoda said...

I'll ping you,
will you pong me back?

:-P

I'm being silly again. Great list. Papasan. A word I didn't know.

ProducerClaire said...

Scott, Ooo...I like some of those...

Plausible/persuasive/powerful - both in the eye of the beholder.
Practical - to a fault at times, but if you've read much of the archives, you know that already.
physical - see practical


Wordnerd, Anytime :)

Yoda, a papasan is a wonderful thing. Something that helped make my grad school experience bearable, at the very least!

Yoda said...

I want to order one right away. It sucks that I have to move base within the next month. Ugh! I hate moving.

ProducerClaire said...

Forget ordering one - go to Pier1 or World Market when you get there (so you only have to move it one way) or when you get back!

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

What an excellent exercise!

Anyone who knows me would know that there is only one P to describe me: Pretentious.

mr. schprock said...

What a perfect proclamation of your personality, Claire! Nice job!

WN assigned me the letter K. Tomorrow I'll get right on it.

ProducerClaire said...

Ultra: "Pretentious"? Perhaps, but at least you don't prevaricate!

Schprock, I don't think there's a "k" word for "procrastinate"

Jason, you may have inspired my next blog entry.

fakies said...

My papasan was purchased for $50 off the Trading Post (a call-in show on our local radio station for buying & selling under $200). It was the best thing I've ever bought.

Flash said...

What about "pretty"?

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

ooh.

I forgot

Pious
Procratinator
Plank
Pirate

All words previously used to describe me, albeit on different occasions