Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Pure Exhaustion

I have spent the last three months helping organize a dance event. Four days and nights and overnights of activities (mostly physical in nature), housing for all the guests, setup, tear down, the works. It was a small weekend as far as these things go, which is good, because the committee was TINY in comparison to some of the other events.

The event was this weekend, and I am STILL exhausted. As I told my boss yesterday, I think I got 12 hours of sleep TOTAL from Thursday night until I went to bed Monday. I'm still recovering. And tonight there are more playoff games to watch. I missed last night's cause I hit the hay so early.

Brain, tired. Body, exhausted. A good weekend of kicking up my heels? Priceless :)

7 comments:

Scott said...

Sounds like a lot of work! I mowed my lawn. Does that count?

Kay Vee said...

that feeling that comes after slogging so hard day in and day out, after work finally gets over, is overwhelming!!
take a break, its always nice to get rejuvenated..more space for better ideas!

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Even mastercard can't buy you that....

ProducerClaire said...

Scott: Depends - did you dance with your mower, or just push it in boring straight lines :)

Shitrint: I would, except planning is already underway for the one in August and I back-burnered it to get this one done. Gotta jump into that now.

Ultra: Nope, but they'll try!

And an update: I've gotten at least 9 hours of sleep the last two nights...two or three more like that and I'll be back to normal.

Yoda said...

Oh dear God! 12 hrs sleep from Thursday to Monday? I bet your crocheting has taken a back seat now ;-)

mr. schprock said...

If I don't get my 8 hours, I need a wheelchair and a caffeine-drip IV. I admire you, Claire!

ProducerClaire said...

Yoda,
It's not only in the backseat - it didn't even get in the car!

Mr S, Wanna come try it when we do it in the fall? There's another one all lined up :)