Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Did you know...

Today is Quirky Country Music Song Titles Day? Yeppers - a day to remember the crazy songs with titles that make your eyes and ears do a double take. A few of my favorites (and yes, I listened to most of these growing up)

"I'm Gonna Hire a Wino to Decorate Our Home"
"Drop Kick Me, Jesus, Through the Goalpost Of Life"
"You're the Reason Our Kids Are Ugly."
"At the Gas Station of Love, I Got the Self Service Pump"

and one of my dad's favorites from the early 80s...

"Get Your Tongue Outta My Mouth 'Cause I'm Kissin' You Goodbye"

Here...peruse this list and get a few faves of your own :)

1 comment:

Tony Gasbarro said...

I'm having a hard time believing some of those are ACTUALLY actual song titles, but they're funny, nonetheless!

But it brings to mind the disgusting pickup line I thought up a year or two ago that would actually make a pretty good song title: "Are You Real, or Am I About To Stain My Sheets Again?"

Sorry...