Sunday, June 17, 2007

Stereotype...busted!

Road rage doesn't discriminate. ANYONE can get pissed at the way people drive these days.

Want proof? I got some this afternoon.

So I'm leaving Target and sitting that the red light behind a new Ford Five Hundred with a handicapped placard and an elderly couple inside. (Note - I'm very cautious with the use of elderly...but these both had grey hair and gnarled fingers, so I believe I'm accurate here.)

The light turns green. The Ford doesn't move. I'm in no rush, so I wait...however, when no one moves, the sensor trips rather quickly and it's back to red. Okay - one light cycle down. I keep sitting.

The light turns green. The Ford doesn't move. I'm starting to wonder if everything is pkay in the car ahead of me. That and I'm getting ever so slightly impatient (Hey - I can admit my shortcomings!). So I honk the horn.

The brakelights on the Ford go off. As it starts to roll forward, the man at the wheel and his female companion turn to look at me, and the man flips me off!

So much for kindy older gentlemen in the South!

5 comments:

Tony Gasbarro said...

It's moments like that when you wish there was a hand gesture with which you could have kindly informed him that he had already sat through a green light!

Yoda said...

I usually blow kisses to women who've honked at me :-) Seems to calm down the entire situation so much!

That said, I've also been known to be impatient -- I honk too soon for the likes of people in Columbus. I think I'd be OK in Chicago though ...

Flash said...

What fuckers...you were concerned about then, and allowed them 1 light cycle....that was pretty generous.

Me? I'd be laying on the horn 2 seconds after it turned. But in chicago, you can get shot if you don't moved.

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

You showed restraint and patience, and he didn't.

Looks like you are more mature than the elderly couple.

Congrats!

kenju said...

I'd like to think they moved here from the north!

You are right about our traffic; it is the pits!