Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Sound and fury signifying nothing

I really don't feel like sitting here and typing, but I have a few random thoughts in my head, and when that happens, it's either call someone and talk or sit down and write. And tonight, I don't feel like talking because the only people I wouldn't have to explain myself to are pre-occupied with other items. So let's spin the random wheel and begin, shall we?

1) A post from Wordnerd sent me back into my upbringing. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. The golden rule of my household. And since we were a family who dealt in the verbal currency of sarcasm, even that "something nice" had to be measured in tone so as not to be labelled "smart aleck" and therefore grounds for additional punishment. No wonder I keep my mouth shut now. I can't even do a good version of trash talking at a sporting event. Which brings me to

2) The Stanley Cup. I don't have any wood to knock on though, so...'nuff said.

3) I just watched the series finale of "Will and Grace" and it made me happy, yet sad. I hate the idea of losing someone so important to me for so many years. I'm glad they got back together in the end, but still. Sort of a protracted version of "When Harry Met Sally" and if I'm going to meet up with my Harry again somewhere down the line, it would really be nice were we young enough t0 enjoy it. After I turned that off,

4) I watched Valmont. 1989 adaptation of Dangerous Liasons with Annette Bening and Colin Firth. Interesting, but I'd only give it two stars. Even as far as period pieces go, it just didn't thrill me. But anything that has a swordfight as a pivotal moment definitely goes up a notch in my book.

There ya go - four random thoughts from the head of Claire. More later if I think of them, but otherwise, good night and good luck!

8 comments:

Kay Vee said...

hmm...some random thots are just that, leave us with some kinda feeling that we dont wanna face.(refer will & grace).

and sometimes they leave us with a nagging feeling, something that no one can run away from.

Scott said...

In blogland, I think it pays to say something full of spit and bile. Makes for an interesting read. How did Will and Grace end exactly? I didn't watch the series after the first season or two.

ProducerClaire said...

Scott, As expected, really. Will and Grace both found people to love them, neuroses and all. Grace got pregnant by Harry Connick Junior after they split up, she and Will were going to raise the baby, and Harry comes back and says he can't live without Grace. They get back together, Will takes offense and they quit talking.

2 years later, both of them have kids (Will and Vince had an egg donor) and haven't spoken. Karen and Jack set them up, they have a day together and then tell their SO's it feel like a chapter in their lives is over.

Meanwhile. Karen's broke and Jack becomes the short southern guy's "companion" to help her pay her bills. The guy makes Jack the sole heir, then gets swept off a balcony in a gust of wind. Jack and Karen live out their days in luxury.

Fast forward 17 years, their kids move in across the hall from each other at college and meet, just like WIll and Grace did. Will & Grace are moving them in and meet in the hallway for what seems to be the first time in 17 years. The kids get married, and the four of them get together for a drink at a bar with sentimental meaning. THe show ends with them sharing a shot and a smile.

Scott said...

That sounds like a nice ending. Thanks for the synopsis.

Yoda said...

Stanley Cup? World Cup soccer is on!!

Germany defeats Croatia 4-2

mr. schprock said...

I can't believe they're still playing hockey. Next you'll be saying they're still playing basketball.

ProducerClaire said...

wordnerd - You're in the south - you have tp pull for Carolina (even though the name may have poor connotation in your neck of the woords these days)

Mr S - still playing, still winning. Go Canes!

Tony Gasbarro said...

Let's hear it for randomness of thought. The problem I have is I have the thoughts for something to write about - even if it's just random ideas - when I'm somewhere doing something and I can't write, nor can I even pause to write down the thought for later!