Friday, June 16, 2006

Thoughts from the Shower

Anyone who knows me well will tell you I'm not your typical girly-girl kinda chick. I'm not a down-and-dirty type either...I'm just not overly concerned about my appearance. And even that is an improvement since I've started caring a little more in recent years. Even so, I do have my fair share of stuff scattered around the bathroom.

This morning, I'm in the shower and I reach for my shampoo. Like most women (I think), I have two bottles of shampoo in the shower - one for every day and one for once a week just to switch it up. I grabbed the everyday bottle and for some reason looked at the directions:

Wet hair and lather, then rinse.

Out of curiosity, I felt compelled to look at the directions on the second bottle:

Drench hair and invigorate it with the rich, luscious lather. Excite your senses and enjoy the delicious fragrance. Rinse when ready.

Wow! I like it when life comes out of the second bottle!

So my question now - how many bottles and other items are in your shower? I'll even start:
2 bottles of shampoo (see above)
2 bottles of conditioner - one every day and one that matches the scent of Shampoo #2
Bar of soap
1 bottle body wash
a Razor
Tube of Face Soap

I suppose this is why I'm known as random to some.

6 comments:

Yoda said...

How fun!

1 bottle shampoo (Pantene)
1 Axe body wash
1 Razor
4 After shave lotions
1 Very-gooey-once-was-a-bar-soap
1 Dove face wash

Kay Vee said...

hmm....lets see.

a couple of shampoos + shampoo sashays(i prefer them)

bars of soap(dont remeber how many tho).

a conditioner.

a dettol handwash.

face wash.

thats it i guess. me aint particular abt my bathroom paraphernalia either.

dot said...

I shower in the morning and bathe at night, so I'll give you the list of both:

Shower:

Two shampoos: The cheap everyday kind to get my hair clean, and the expensive twice a week kind to preserve my highlights.

One conditioner: The expensive kind. It says to use a pea sized portion, but I always use a grape sized portion.

A man's razor. They work better.

Bathtub:

Inexpensive body wash purchased with a coupon. It smells good and makes me feel fresh and clean when I get between the sheets at night.

Thirty dollar facial scrub that supposedly erases the signs of aging.

Don't ask about the tubes and bottles by my sink.

If I'd used sunscreen when I was younger, I wouldn't need all of those things now. Make sure you use sunscreen, at least spf 30, every single day. You won't regret it later.

Scott said...

A bar of dove, a bottle of Pert. The rest is my wife's, and I don't pay much attention to that. That's why I don't buy the ending of Green Card, when the jig is up when Gerard can't name a cleaning product his "wife" has in the shower. Give me a break. I would have been kicked out much sooner.

Hey, check out my interview today if you get the chance!

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

1 x Bodyshop Shower Gel for men
1 x Tresemme Shampoo
1 x Bodyshop Bodyscrubber
1 x Dove Soap

Flash said...

1 bottle of Aussie Shampoo
1 Bottle of Frutrice Shampoo
1 Bottle of Frutrice Conditioner
1 Bottle of Nutrigina (sp) Shaving Cream
1 Can of Gillette Shaving Cream (for sensitive Skin)
1 Mach 3 Razor
1 Bottle of Axe Snake Scrub (for after really dirty events)
1 Bottle of Axe Reinvigorate Body Scrub
1 Back Loofa
1 Bar of Zest Soap
1 "Shampoo Applier" (Basically a plastic disk with points like a comb all over it. It helps apply shampoo deep to the roots. I just use it to scratch my head)

1 Bottle of Tilex for after the shower