Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Kick it up a notch

This has been an intense couple of days. Car shopping....parental visit....Stanley Cup Playoffs...work pressures....second job pressures... But I do have to say I got in some good dances last night, so that makes it all better. Well, maybe not ALL better, but significantly so.

Anyway, with all this going on, I choose instead to write about something in the news - The best album of all time. According to a poll taken on NME.com, the best album of all time is not the Beatles or Nirvana, but Oasis "Definitely Maybe" I have to admit, that WAS a kick-ass album, but I would have put Joshua Tree above it. That said, we all know what a U2 fan I am! It is nice, however, NOT to see Kurt Cobain atop one of those lists. Just goes to show, the public isn't always wrong.

That said, what's your favorite album of all time?

And you know, I haven't posted a random baker's dozen in a very long time.....now that I use iTunes more, I'll have to do that again in the coming days. Maybe tomorrow night where there's no hockey game to stress me out.

9 comments:

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

You have touched a nerve.

Deep breath........

I don't believe in the concept of a 'Best Album of all time.' This is like somebody should have a 'Best feeling of all time.'

Perhaps your 'Favourite album' is a better question, as it is more personal. You will still not get a singular answer from me though.

If I hate the world, Rage Against The Machines eponymous debut will go on.

If I am drunk and feel like dancing, 'Apetite For Destruction' will spin around.

If my heart is broken 'Freewheelin Bob Dylan' or 'August and Everything After' will go on. Or 'Grace'

If I am really happy 'Smile' will go on.

...and relax.

ProducerClaire said...

Ultra - I agree wholeheartedly...that's why I changed the question :)

I do love your choices though...although I'd have to pepper some "Joshua Tree," "All That You Can't Leave Behind" and "Fumbling Toward Ecstacy" in there.

After all, it's all about the mood.

Yoda said...

My favorite album? Nwahandanaenad!!!!!! You make me choose???

If I absolutely have to choose one favorite album, then it'd be "The Wall" by Pink Floyd.

While we are on the topic of music ... I recently heard some Eminem songs and liked it. Its strange 'coz I always thought I don't like rap.

Flash said...

I have to agree with UTMG. You can not have a all time greatest. What happened was this company took a list of albums, found the 10 top sellers and posted it like that. So the public had to pick from that list alone.

And like UTMG, My favorites all depend on the mood.

Go Oilers. (I have to root for them. The Canes made my Devils look bad)

ProducerClaire said...

Jason, you're the second person I've met who said that. Sometimes it's easy to forget that Brindy had a career pre-Canes.

Flash, they didn't make them look bad...they just ended their season. Besides, root for the team that knocks you out - it always makes you look better.

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Joshua Tree. Their finest work in my opinion.

These 'Greatest Albums of All Time' polls only serve to frustrate music fans, I think.

Scott said...

I can't be much help on the Hockey front. My entire identity is wrapped up in the Dallas Cowboys. There simply isn't the room.

I don't think I have a favorite album. If I had to pick, it would probably be Paradise Theatre by Styx.

Yoda said...

Wait. How did I miss it. Which car did you buy?

Tony Gasbarro said...

Hi, Claire!

Two things:

I'll have to agree with Toast. I mean, it's as if rock 'n roll is the only music. It's based on album sales and nothing else. My favorite? I think I realized tonight, that despite my favorite bands (Journey, The Beatles), my favorite songs ("Bridge Over Troubled Water" by Simon & Garfunkel; "Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin'" by Journey), my favorite album is probably "Standing On The Edge" by Cheap Trick!!

And if you have iTunes, click on the '70s & '80s section, and then on Flashback Alternatives. It's all request, from their website www.flashbackalternatives.com. It's free, though they do ask for donations, but they're not annoying about it.

Mrs. Farrago got me into it (they have a fun tagboard, too!).