Monday, April 09, 2007

I tried....and it doesn't work

You're right...I do need to take someone up on the offer of just listening. Problem is finding someone who's not going to be disappointed in me. Or offended by me. Or judge me.

Be glad I didn't blog yesterday - it was a rough one - but after a long long weekend of tension and strife, I thought I had that person. She reached out to me and let me cry. I hadn't said anything because I feared disappointing her. I thought perhaps I wouldn't.

Wrong.

Today, I discovered things are right back to normal. She is an "act-now-think-later" person. I'm the opposite. But for her, if I'm not immediately taking steps to rectify my situation (and trying to figure out where to go from here doesn't count) then I'm nothing. But I already knew that one anyway.

Aack. I can't seem to win.

2 comments:

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Peaks and troughs. That's how it goes.

kenju said...

Maybe you can find someone who doesn't know you well, and who therefore, has no expectations of you. Unburdening yourself is great, unless the person you tell is going to make it worse.