Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Making a list...checking it twice....

I'm no Santa Claus....I'm not even a good Mrs. Claus...but I'm taking a page from Santa's book and making my own list tonight. This time, it's of topics I want to talk about but have no time to do so.

I can tell I've been writing more...or talking less...or introverting more and showing more high gloss to the world...because I'm starting to come up with more things I want to write about. Rather than bore you with all of them, however, here's a brief list. Let me know what interests you:

1: The fast-track to sainthood. Pope Benedict waived the five-year waiting period for Pope John Paul II. Pope John Paul II waived the time period for Mother Teresa. Is this indicative of our society's lack of patience? Or is it a marketing ploy for the Catholic Church, trying to reach out to a younger demographic in a time when the argument could be made the traditions are dying?

2: Emotion as currency. You can say that "you're spent." Can you spend emotion as currency? Can you run out of love? Or hate? Or worry? Or care?

3: Keith Richards found a VERY strange way to honor his deceased father....

4: Judgment from the perch. It's so easy to say what you would do were you in someone else's shoes. But it's not so easy not to impose those ideas and thoughts on others.

Time to run..ideas? Suggestions?

2 comments:

Yoda said...

"Emotion as a currency" gets my vote!! I do believe that it is possible for one to run out of love or hate. There must be some point at which you just give up and start living your own life, isn't there?

kenju said...

I'd find all of them interesting. I do think your second idea about fast-tracking saitnhood is probably the reason (trying to reach a younger demographic). I don't know how Keith honored his dad, but I'd be interested in hearing that too.

Thanks for the visit and comments on the Marriott Marquis rotating restaurant. It is great!