Monday, February 07, 2005

How Odd

I feel like writing tonight and yet I have nothing of consequence to say. I almost didn't even log on, however, these are the times I really SHOULD write. To unlock whatever's nagging at me that I can't put a finger on. Chances are if there's something telling me to write, then there's an idea in there trying to get out that even I may not know about yet. Perhaps I'm writing this to stop myself from writing something else I could regret.

Or maybe it's just me being too philosophical and putting too much weight on the fact that I'm not ready to go to sleep yet either.

I had some extra time today, so I took some of those tests on Tickle.com. I think the first one was "Street Smarts or School Smarts" or something like that. Guess what - I'm "smartest when it comes to linguistic intelligence." Good to know I know too much about words and not enough about everything else. Duh - I coulda told you that, but it was fun to sift through the questions and see what they ask.

I punted the second test - What's your trademark tune? - cause the questions were too teeny-bopper. No matter how accurate you claim to be in predicting what that song is that's running through my head, when you're asking me how often I miss curfew... I can pretty much assure you that whatever you guess won't apply.

Maybe the third time was the charm, so I went for "Discover Your Past Life." Sounded fun, yet interesting. The first set of questions were pretty easy - do you pick at your food, how annoying are you. Then they got kinda odd - how wide can you open your mouth? What animal do you think you're like? From 18 of these questions, the folks at good ol' Tickle decided this was my former life:

You were a beagle named Scooter who hailed from Allamakee, Iowa. The cutest puppy on the entire farm, you were so adored that the Allamakee High Junior Varsity Basketball team chose you to be their mascot.

1 comment:

River said...

I was discussing personal philosophy with an online friend. Optimism is a philosophy for the hopelessly uninformed, yet I try to smile in the face of adversity.Cynicism and pessimism sometimes seems to have the facts down straight, but that philosophy just seems so mean.
Maybe then I'll just be a realist. Life is only so long.It is niether all bad nor all good. Its niether all skill nor all chance. In a nut shell . it is what it is .