Friday, December 09, 2005

200 page views, 145 posts...Double Wow

I don't usually click through to my blog - normally I write, publish, and leave it at that. But this morning I got a tip on how to fix something that had been annoying me, so when I changed the template, I checked to see how it looked. That's when I noticed. I was viewer #200. Just in the last five weeks or so since I put in the counter. Wow! So then I decided to write about it, and I saw that this is post #145. Wow again!

I'll refrain from the lengthy pontifications that will likely come next month when I have 12 full months of archives {ew...an anniversary post...ew! ;) } But I did want to say thanks to you guys who actually do read...I think it takes two hands to count you now, and that's progress. It's nothing like another blogger I know where just one of his sites gets in a day what's taken me five weeks...but I'm happy with my little anonymous corner of cyberspace. So wipe your feet on the welcome mat, have a cup of coffee and stay awhile. There's some fascinating reading to be done in my archives.

10 comments:

Yoda said...

Congrats on reaching 200!! Your blog is quite an interesting read indeed. Maybe over the weekend I'll devour most of it ;-)

Tony Gasbarro said...

HOORAY FOR CLAIRE!

I thought it was vain of me to install the counter, but it satisfies that curiosity about whether ANYBODY lands there except when I comment on their posts and say, "Hey, read me!" And by my best count, I've been getting 5-10 visits per day.

And only 2 or 3 of them are me....

ProducerClaire said...

Yoda,
Thanks! If you do, let me know what you think. I'm kinda curious how the early stuff reads at this point...

farrago,
Not vain at all. If you want to know, then you want to know. That's why I put mine at the bottom - I wanted to know if anyone other than you and a high school friend and the man to whom the open letters are addressed were reading here....and they are. Kinda surprises me still.

Claire

JR Gamble said...

Hehe

Im glad i am not alone :P , ive had 380 views to my blog in just over 2 weeks, i am thinking i may have to remove the counter before my head gets too big :)
(Nice blog btw)

________________

Pushing the 'Next Blog' link has brought me here twice now.. hmmm
I know its random each time, and there are billions of blogs, curious.. bye strangers

Tony Gasbarro said...

Of course, just because there's a hit doesn't necessarily mean there's a read. I say that not to burst your bubble, but to burst mine.... :-(

Yoda said...

Its always a pleasure to know that there are women who consider intelligence as a turn on!

I share your tastes in movies, politics and other current-affairs...

What else can I say, um, I'll continue to read this blog!

Chloe said...

Claire, I'm glad you found moo! Your blog is one of my favorites (though I'm not always on top of things when it comes to commenting!)

Here's to 145 more!

Yoda said...

--In a blindingly stupid attempt to outdo Chloe--

Here's to 146 more!

ProducerClaire said...

Chloe,
Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad I found moo too - it's always a great read. I just don't always comment because I don't know what I can say that will make a difference.

yoda,
Silly boy! Never try to outdo a woman, especially an artistic soul like Chloe...we just have more creativity we can put toward returning the one-ups-man-ship! ;)

Thanks, everyone, for reading...

Flash said...

Congratulations! I'm a few away from that number myself.

And thank you for dropping by my blog. I'll be sure to read up on yours!