Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Sleepless Season's Greetings

Hello again to all, and a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, Cherry Festivus, or whatever else ye may celebrate. I'm back after an unexpected exile, and NO sleep.

I went to see my family over the holiday. It was fodder for a number of potential posts that I'll ramble on in the next few days, but one of the shocks that I didn't learn until I arrived was that I was heading into a home with no internet service. For four long days. Talk about feeling cut off from the world. It was nice not to feel as though I was tied to the keyboard as I often do here, but it would have been nice to be able to blog some as the thoughts came to me rather than to try and write things out long hand and now not being able to read them. I had planned on catching up on some back email, and instead wrote two real letters. I stopped at two because (1) my hand hurt, (2) I was sleepy at 2 am, and (3) I didn't want to freak out any of my other friends when they receive actual pieces of paper with real words written on them in this thing called a mailbox that normally holds nothing but bills....

And on that note, Happy Holidays to all, and to all a good night.

1 comment:

Yoda said...

Writing letters by hand! Now that's something I haven't done for YEARS! Wonder if I can write anything legibly at all these days ...

I've realized that I cannot depend on people to provide me Internet access when I go to their place. I invested some amount of money in getting myself a Motorola Razr V3 which has a built in IMAP client ... Yes, I can read email on the GO!

Please ignore the increased chances of me having a heart attack at 35 due to work-email related stress.