Saturday, January 21, 2006

How do you say "martini" in Estonian?

When someone says "Party Capital of the World" where does your mind take you? New York City? Paris? Monaco?

Try again. The New York Times says the 2005 Party Capital of the world is Tallinn, Estonia.

The former Soviet republic on the edge of the Black Sea joined the EU in 2004, and has profited from the association. Cruises, bachelor parties, and tour groups party their vacation away, taking advantage of, as the article says, lower aclohol prices and pubs where waitresses offer up handcuffs.

Hmmm....I've never been to a Former Soviet republic...what did I do with that passport....

6 comments:

Yoda said...

Let's get this party started!!

The perfect place for my 27th birthday :-)

mr. schprock said...

Makes sense: Es-STONE-ia.

Tony Gasbarro said...

Handcuffs? You can order handcuffs from the waitresses? Or they take you in the back room for some light bondage and a quickie?

I thin... Hmmm where's this Estonia place...?

(Slim chance I'll be going to Prague, Czech Republic, this summer for work. Would be my first time to a former Soviet republic. I hear it's a beautiful place.)

ProducerClaire said...

Yoda,
Don't you mean your 927th birthday?

mr. Schprock
Good point!

Farrago,
If it's the party capital of the world, likely it's either-or.
I hear Prague is absolutely beautiful, by the way! Hope you get to go!

Tony Gasbarro said...

Thanks, though I'll spend most of my time working.

I just visited your "Talinn, Republic of Estonia" link. WOW! That is ONE fantastic website. Makes me wish I was all into this HTML and Flash editing, though my wife would kill me because it would take even MORE of my time away from her!

Thanks for that.xpwvaw

Chloe said...

Estonia? For serious? Wow, now I've read everything...