Saturday, January 28, 2006

With a Rebel Yell....

While I'm on the subject of timing, here's another interesting confluence of email.

The latest post on a friend's blog was called Accent Envy and talked about the awesome accents people have. Last night in my email I received one of those online tests called Yankee or Rebel. Basically, the point is to determine where your speech patterns originate. I took the test, and it seems to toss out any answer where you don't show a strong regional preference, and only judges you based on those where you DO. So get your shaker of salt on standby and click through the 20 questions.

My results:

68% Dixie - Just under the Mason-Dixon Line.

Anyone else?

Edited to add: This is intriguing - it will use the entire post when I don't link to the test, but when I do, it stops with the link. How peculiar. Let's see if this works.

4 comments:

mr. schprock said...

" Last night in my email I received one of those online tests called…"

Called what? Your post stops! I need closure here!

ProducerClaire said...

Yoikes - it worked no my computer at home. I'll dig in and fix it in a few minutes

Yoda said...

36% (Yankee). You are definitely a Yankee.

I never knew that I was a Yank :-p

Tony Gasbarro said...

39% Yankee. Somehow I definitely knew the outcome when I answered the question about "soda," "pop," and whatever the other two choices were.

And it's "pop," y'all. The rest of y'uns is wrong.