Sunday, January 16, 2005

A Perfect Snow

I'm in the mood to write - I haven't updated this blog in days - but I don't know what to say. My last two days have been consumed by work, and I've decided NOT to talk about work on this thing. I have plenty of people I can vent to about that. Besides, a co-worker once got canned for mixing work and blog, so I'm staying as far away as humanly possible from that.

Woke up this morning to some unseasonably seasonal weather....snow. Honest to goodness flakes, and I don't mean the people I know, either. It was gorgeous, so beautiful I had to lay there in bed and just watch for a while.


A perfect snow...big fat flakes drifting lazily down out out of the low cloud cover. Each one that caught my eye lollygagging through the air on its way to an unknown destination. Its comrades in condensation clinging to every surface available, yet the unlucky few that hit the ground disintegrating on impact. It was just enough to give the world a fresh look, a sheen of white, a new start, even if only for a couple of hours. Then, by the time I had my cup of coffee in hand and had ventured out to get the newspaper, the sun raised the temperatures and the snow melted away, about as slowly as it arrived.

No comments: