Friday, January 07, 2005

Talk about customer service!

It's the ongoing saga of the mattress. For those of you just tuning in, I bought a new mattress as a Christmas present for myself. Today, when I signed for it, the owner of the shop asked how I liked it.

"Very Comfortable," I said. "I'm quite happy with it."

"And your husband? What does he think?" asked the owner.

I snapped. I'm sick of those questions, those assumptions, and this poor mobster wannabe caught the brunt of it.

I believe what I said was something to the effect of : "I don't have one, but I'm sure, when I eventually do, he'll enjoy it as well!"

The dude looked a little stung, but started trying to joke it off.

Fast forward a few hours....my cell rings. It's the owner asking if he could take me out to lunch to apologize for his assumptions. Wow! I guess the customer IS always right.

Will I go? Who knows. I let him off the hook on the phone, but maybe I'll go anyway. Ease back into social discourse and what not.

No comments: